Looking West by Southwest 1958

Description

Looking west in 1958. Note how the campus construction leapfrogged Kenyon Street and the houses there, with the construction of Thompson Hall in the distance. As the construction and expansion continued, the properties along Kenyon Street, and some on Holley Street as well, were acquired by the state, the owners either receiving payment for the houses and the houses were then demolished, or in a few cases the houses were actually moved to new locations.