The purpose of this competition is to encourage student research and engagement with Drake Memorial Library staff and the rich array of resources and information Drake Library makes available. Friends of Drake Library (FODL) are awarding prizes of $500 for First , $300 for Second, and $150 for Third place finishes.
Entry guidelines are as follows:
- The contest is open to The College at Brockport matriculated undergraduate students enrolled during the Spring 2016 or Fall 2016 semesters who completed papers during that time frame.
- Entries may be works submitted for a class or a paper written for a group, club, community organization, etc.
- Papers must be a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 20 pages and be formatted in a standard citation style including a clearly documented bibliography or works cited list.
- There must be a minimum of 10 references.
- Entries are limited to one per person. Submit the entry through Digital Commons at Brockport. Clearly and concisely describe your use of extensive scholarly and creative resources appropriate for your paper.
- Contest submissions, written in Spring 2016 or Fall 2016, will be collected from Wednesday, January 4, 2017 through midnight on Sunday, February 12, 2017.
- The contest is limited to the first 20 completed applications received.
- Entries will be reviewed from February 13 through March 31, 2017.
- Winners will be notified in April 2017.
- Entries will be judged by a panel composed of volunteers from FODL and current faculty and staff.
- Winning papers will be those that demonstrate extensive scholarly and creative use of resources appropriate to the paper submitted, e.g., journals, popular magazine or newspaper articles, books, government documents, videos, archival materials or other resources.
- Papers must be free of jargon.
- Questions? Email: Charles Cowling, email@example.com