Objectives: Students will use the graphing calculator to:
• engage in the process of statistical investigation, make conjectures, predictions, and conclusions based on statistical analysis.
• construct numerous plots in a relatively short amount of time.
• compare data using box-and-whiskers plots.
• compare data using statistical measures such as minimum, maximum, lower and upper quartiles, median, and range.
• consider the influence of extreme values in a set of data.
Burgos, Wilson, "How is the Calculator Good at Comparing Data?" (2004). Lesson Plans. 223.