Dissenting Voices Cover Art
Design by the members of the Women and Gender Studies Senior Seminar at The College at Brockport.
The journal cover, a distinctive hand print of each author, captures the sense of feminist community that was present in our classroom and that spills into and gels the pages of the essays in the volume.
Table of Contents
- Our Voices. Joy Davidson-Davis, Gabriella Hoose, Bernie Lachman, Bailey Morse, Alise Murray, Kelsi Nau, Julia Palozzi, Melissa Szurgyi, Daphne Tucker, p. i.
- Note from the Editor (Barbara LeSavoy), p. iii.
- The Hunter vs. The Hunted. Julia Palozzi, p. 1-14.
- The Outside Looking In: Examining Reasoning Behind the Choice to Report Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence. Melssia Szurgyi , p. 15-30.
- Gender’s Impact on Majors in Higher Education: The Causes and the Consequences. Kelsi Nau, p. 31-46.
- Redressing Dress Codes: The Effects of Sexualized School Dress Codes. Gabriella Hoose, p. 47-60.
- LGBTQ Intimate Partner Violence: The Invisible Relationship. Alise Murray, p. 61-72.
- A Woman Veteran Student’s Perspective. Bernie Lachman, p. 73-94.
- Freedom en el fin del Mundo: Antarctica as the Key to Renegotiating Identity-Based Power Hierarchies. Bailey Morse, p. 95-106.
- Book Review: A Queer and Pleasant Danger: The True Story of a Nice Jewish Boy who Joins the Church of Scientology, and Leaves Twelve Years Later to Become the Lovely Lady She is Today by Kate Bornstein (2012). Daphne Tucker, p. 105-114.
- Book Review: The Other Side of Paradise by Staceyann Chin (2009). Joy Davidson-Davis, p. 115-122.
- WMS 421 Spring 2018 Activism Photo Essay: #MeToo, p. 123.
Women and Gender Studies Senior Seminar at The College at Brockport
"Dissenting Voices Volume 7 Issue 1 (Spring 2018) Complete Issue,"
Dissenting Voices: Vol. 7
, Article 1.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.brockport.edu/dissentingvoices/vol7/iss1/1