Download Full Text (384 KB)
Polish immigrants arrived at Medina as early as the 1880s and practiced their faith at St. Mary's Church in that vicinity. On February 1, 1910, Bishop Colton appointed Ks. Tomasz Gwodz as the first resident priest and tasked him with establishing the parish and constructing a church. The parish remained in existence for 100 years before it was finally closed in 2010.
County of Orleans
Village of Medina, Polish Immigrants, Orleans County, Medina Sandstone
Public History | United States History
Ballard, Matthew R., "Sacred Heart of Jesus Served Medina’s Polish Community for Nearly 100 Years" (2018). Pioneer Record. 75.